Saturday, February 25, 2006

When it Rains it Pours - And I've Got the Umbrella

Just went thorough one of my most hectic work weeks in recent memory. Three different guests from overseas, one BPO implementation series of meetings, strategic planning proformas up to 2013, leading the first mangement team meeting in almost a year, sales cutoff week for February, scads of financial templates, foreign travel arrangements to be made for two trips out in March, two months of expense reports, 12 backlogged training modules, three cross-sector coordination meetings (1 HR, 1 Finance and 1 Non-Stock) and five performance reviews.

Add in the political stupidity in Thursday and Friday and it was one hell of a last five days.

But you know what? For someone who's just survived an 80-hour workweek, I feel great. I didn't have as much trouble as I thought I'd have getting up in the mornings during the week. I was actually looking forward to getting in and polishing off work.

I love the feeling of knowing that most other people would get killed with that kind of workweek. And not only did I survive it, I got everything done. It wasn't all pretty and perfect, but everything was done effectively and on time.

Add in the great performance review from The Boss, and it was pretty damned fine for 80 hours of work.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this job, and am starting to enjoy it.

No comments: