Saturday, January 14, 2006

Flights for the Bumbling Bee

The check in line is still really long, so I can rant a bit on this wonderful country of mine being a truky crummy place to fly out of.

When I was working in Jakarta, I had to fly SQ through Singapore to get the Jakarta from Manila and vice versa. No direct flights. I flew to Kuala Lumpur in 05 and had to do the same thing, take a connecting through Sing. This adds and extra couple of hours to the trip.

Even when the airlines fly direct, the flight selection is abysmal. To get to Bkk, I'm taking a 1420 flight. I hate flying in the afternoons. Always too many people, and you arrive late afternoon to early evening. Too late to do much. Too dark to see much. There are no other flights. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there are delays in everyday life that keep us from fully enjoying the ride. the trick for me is to focus on that which still amazes me, to view somewhere an act of total carelessness to the outside world, a kid crying because his mom won't buy him a chocolate candy bar for example. these things, what ever it may be for ourselves let us know that delays in life are unintentioal but happen for good reason, so we can appreciate life as we have it