Monday, May 22, 2006

A Life i(Pod)mproved

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm late to the iPod revolution. I got my lovely wife an (appropriately) apple green iPod mini for Christmas 2004. She had is for over a year until the iPod nano appeared. I got her one of those, and the mini was handed down to me.

Previous to that I had discovered podcasts. The only way for me to listen during my long commute was to burn the mp3s into a CD, which I would then play on my fortunately mp3-capable car stereos. This was pretty cumbersome, but I kept with it just because the podcast voices were like friends chatting you up on the way home after a long day of hard work.

Anyway, the CD player on my current car stopped reading mp3 CDs a couple of weeks before the mini became mine. I got myself an iTrip (my wife got a RoadTrip) and now I no longer have to burn CDs. I also no longer have to continuously shuffle my CD collection in my car, five discs at a time. The 4GB of my little green friend can only hold a fraction of my music collection (the classical stuff has to be ripped whole CDs at a time, and I can't bring myself to listen to anything below 192kbps...) along with a few podcasts, but now I understand why people take the iPod wherever they go.

No comments: