Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Fantasy Hoops - Trade Goes Down

( If you have no interest in the NBA or fantasy sports, you can skip this post. It won't make much sense to you.)

I recently finalized a deal in my Yahoo! Public league sending DEN G Andre Miller and WAS F Antawn Jamison to another team, and receiving SAC F Peja Stojakovic and MEM F Pau Gasol. I just got Jamison in a 3-for-3 deal where I shipped returning UTA F Andrei Kirilenko and two spare parts (Jim Jackson and Juan Dixon, if it matters) to another team for Jamison, POR G Damon Stoudamire, and MIA F Udonis Haslem. That's looking good since AK47 has been ineffective, thought that might change if Carlos Boozer is indeed shipped out.

I didn't like Miller losing shots and time to Boykins over in DEN since George Karl took over. He's been inconsistent since, and it's not looking to get any better. Miller isn't a SG, and I don't believe he'll flourish. Hurts to lose Jamison, who's a 20-10 guy, but that's all he is and Gasol can do that and add some blocks besides. I lose the occasional 3, though. Peja is the key to the trade. I'm betting one of two things happens - he gets traded (hopefully not to the Lakers), or Chris Webber gets traded. If one of those two things happens, I come out ahead. Peja and Pau both need to stay healthy though - they were both inured going into the All Star break.

No comments: